Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Street Market

Today we had a free day to sleep in and do whatever we wanted to do and to start studying… So for the first few hours I read the readings that we needed to get done before class on Monday and then we went to the night time street market which was one of the coolest things that I have ever been to.

The market was about the length of about 30-40 city square blocks and there were merchants lining every inch of the streets selling everything from food to high priced art. I wish I would have brought my camera to this but I was then told by our Thai buddies that they do this every Sunday from 4-9ish so the next time I will get a picture to document the incredible amount of vendors and people that show up to this thing.

While walking around I noticed a lot more tourists and American looking people and the languages that were spoken were primarily English and English-English from the UK. I probably spent around 1000 baht on everything that I bought but I think I now have everything that I need to give gifts to everyone that should be getting one… throughout the street market there were so many food stands that I stopped and tried the food the other members were joking and poking fun of my adventuredness and appetite for all the new foods that I tried… Again next time that I go to this fair I will make sure to bring my camera and document all of the good foods that I have tried.

That’s it for today… School starts tomorrow... Scary!

No comments:

Post a Comment